Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Team Chenzhou!

Now that everything is official and rolling along, I wanted to share that I am heading back to China next summer!  NOT for another baby, not this time.  This time I am going to serve those who are left behind.  I have the privilege of being able to go back to Sage's orphanage, Chenzhou, in Hunan.   I am heading up a team through an amazing organization called Visiting Orphans.   It has been on my heart to go and work for some time.  Makenna has been ready to go since we first adopted Sage.  So when I found that this organization actually works with Chenzhou, I jumped right in.  We will spend a week working with the kids.  Then we will fly to Beijing for a bit of touring, and get to spend a day at Shepherds Field.  I have never been there, but have read such great things about them I can't wait to visit there. 

We have been working hard to try and come up with the funds for this trip.  Cost is $3500.00 per person so with both of us going, we have lots to save! I am proud of Makenna, she has been saving for the last year or so and has a pretty good amount put away.  We have a couple of fundraisers in mind so prayerfully that will help to offset our cost.

This trip is open to ANYONE.  So if YOU are interested in going, take a look at the website here.   
Would love to have a large group going with us. (15 is the max)  If you have any questions, feel free to email me at shannonlaxton@gmail.com

1 comment:

Keli B. said...

Shannon,
It was so great to meet you today! I looked around your blog and look forward to reading more about your adoption experiences, as well as your future posts. Maybe we'll get to hang out again someday.
*Keli Billingsley