Wednesday, March 12, 2014

HER name is....

Oh this name game!

As you know I have dreamed of a baby girl for YEARS, and I do mean years. So I have tossed around names in my head for all those years.

Then when we found Syler we knew he was an S name and if we DID find a baby girl, she would be M.

But having a houseful of VERY opinionated children is HARD.

I suggest a name, they make fun of it.

I suggest again, they go on and on about it. And when I say ON & on I mean gagging, falling on the floor, "I can't believe you would do that to our sister" going on.

I live a rough life.

One thing with our children's names is that we never chose them based on meaning. I know some do and that is great. But honestly, we just picked based on sound. And then of course letter. I mean really, Sawyer means woodcutter. I have no love towards trees or anything, just loved that name!

As I have prayed over this child and wondered how God would write her story my prayer was, Lord, please have mercy on her. Have mercy on US.



And so it went. We found out He DID have mercy, so we needed to officially name her! Here are some we considered.

Myer
Maryn/Merin/Maren
Maelle
Maraya
Mali





























On and on the lists went. I asked for suggestions and people were so kind to share, I had pages I was going through! I joined every name board, I PRAYED and prayed. It was to the point I was literally have nightmares!

And I just kept coming back to this.

God had mercy on us.

And that just fit! So our baby girl will be named after the miracle that HE has done, by showing us mercy.


I actually loved Mercie all along. My family did not. I kept bringing it up and they said no. Until I showed them a photo with her name, and that did it. They agreed, it fit her and it fit us. 

Webster defines Mercy as this:

a :  a blessing that is an act of divine favor or compassion
b :  a fortunate circumstance 
C:  compassionate treatment of those in distress 

:kindness or help given to people who are in a very bad or desperate situation. 
:a good or lucky fact or situation


We know that God has been faithful. He has given us a gift that we did not deserve. We will never forget the mercy and compassion he has shown on us as we have laid on our face before him crying out to rescue this baby girl. 

Our prayer is that she will someday know Gods mercy herself. That she will understand how he wrote her story, our story. That she will see the mercy he has poured out on all of us. 

Romans 9:15






For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”










Psalm 23:6 






Surely Goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 








Matthew 5:7
“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.



Hebrews 4:16
Let us then with confidence approach the throne of grace that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. 

Mercie Fei, our sweet daughter, forever loved. 


No comments: